Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Macro View of Spring

After getting a much nicer D-SLR camera, I realized a feature that had been on my more simple point-and-shoot camera.  I am very happy to have the new D-SLR, but I am also happy to know that one type of picture I was always struggling to get with my point-and-shoot is not so hard after all!

There is a macro setting that basically  instructs the camera to use a shorter focal length to focus on a nearby object in the foreground.

I like using this feature to get detailed shots of blooms or different features of plants.  So here's a look at some of the blooms from my last post - only in macro!

saucer_magnolia_up_2010
Saucer Magnolia Tree (Magnolia x soulangeana)
saucer_magnolia_close_2010
Saucer Magnolia Tree (Magnolia x soulangeana)
almond_2010
Flowering Almond Bush (Prunus glandulosa)
quince_close_2010
Flowering Quince Bush (Chaenomeles speciose)
euphorbia_blooms_2010
Euphorbia martinii 'Tiny Tim'
peach_magenta_2010
Flowering Peach Tree (Prunus persica)

peach_white_2010
Flowering Peach Tree (Prunus persica)
mini_rhododendron_macro_2010
Dwarf Rhododendron
violet_macro_2010
Our "wild" violets - Wooly Blue Violet (Viola sororia)
mini_daffodils_2010
Miniature Daffodils - thumb used for size comparison

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos.They inspire me to take more closeup pictures of my garden flowers,just have to figure out how

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! Trying to identify the name of the miniature daffodil you have your thumb next to....thx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Patty, I don't know the name of the daffodil. However, I do know that Brent and Becky's Bulbs offers about every variety of Daffodil on the planet. They have lots of miniatures and I would bet that you could find the same one or one very similar from them.

    ReplyDelete