Monday, August 20, 2012

Trip Report: Begonia of the Cloud Forest

I am not an expert when it comes to Begonia.  There are so many species, even more cultivars and hybrids, and since I don't actively collect these plants, there is really no hope of me ever being able to identify more than a handful of them.

begonia_01

begonia_02

I have seen my share of unique, and bizarre Begonia.  The Cloud Forest didn't have anything really bizarre, but they had some really beautiful Begonia.  So, rather than flap my jowls, I'm going to just let you view these pictures in silence.

begonia_03

begonia_04

I promised not to babble too much with this post, but don't you think that many Begonia just have an amazing way of reflecting light?

begonia_05

begonia_06

begonia_07

Aren't these plants awesome?  Such variety of textures and colors.

begonia_08

begonia_09

begonia_10

begonia_11

I have still more photos from the Cloud Forest to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment