Monday, December 21, 2009

Autumn Crocus

This year I discovered that there are some Crocus species which come up in the Autumn.  I ordered some of these, shortly after hearing about them, and got them in the ground immediately.

I don't spend nearly as much time looking at the garden in the Fall, when the leaves are covering the flowerbeds and it's dark by the time I get home from work, but I am happy to have these drops of color out in the garden at this time of the year for when I happen to look.

fall_crocus
One of the first blooms of our fall Crocus, surrounded by Oxalis and Gaillardias.  I believe I took this picture in early to mid-November.
Other new bulbs include pink-centered Daffodils and a mixture of pink Tulips to complement our red and white front yard display.

1 comment:

  1. Both spring and fall blooming crocus have been on my wishlist, but for two years in a row they have been pushed aside so that I can order something else. I know that once spring arrives I will be wishing I had planted them!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete