Monday, September 27, 2010

Bark Totem

A while back I posted pictures of a large piece of bark that I had come upon and mentioned that I wanted to do something creative with it.  I finally got around to doing something with it.

The bark has been outside, weathering the storms and all, so parts had broken away, but there was still a pretty good size piece holding together.  I found a piece of wood about the same length and fastened the bark to the plank in several locations along the length.

bark_backside
Rear view of my bark totem, showing the support board and hanging wire.
Then I used some heavy gauge wire to hang the bark from my rod in the greenhouse.

hanging_bark
My bark totem hanging in the greenhouse
I'm working on building a bench that will sit just below my bark wall where I can place more of my pots.  My plan is to allow my Rhaphidophora tetrasperma to climb up the bark wall.  I have leaned the growing stems up against the lower portion and will let the adventitious roots attach.

What do you think of my bark wall?

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Love it! Love it!!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it covered by your Rhaphidophora tetrasperma! It already looks awesome- I can't imagine how awesome it's going to look then! My head's probably going to explode!

    ReplyDelete