Wednesday, May 18, 2011

New iris bed in bloom!

Last year I transplanted all of our Irises from various places in the yard to one central location around the light post in the middle of our backyard.

two_tone_iris_20110418
Two tone iris - Sorry I don't know the name.
At the time, it looked pathetic, but I knew all of those rhizomes would sprout new leaves and fill out the area. This year, the irises definitely filled the area with green. There weren't as many blooms as I would have expected, but we did get two Irises to bloom.

pippa_sniffing_iris
My pups sure know how to stop and smell the irises
white_iris_20110418
Simple white iris
I'm hoping for considerably more to bloom next year!

2 comments:

  1. It took 2 years before my iris bloomed alot after transplanting. This year they are gorgeous! (3 yrs out)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious of Pippa... :)
    You know some of the irises were actually given to your grandmother from your great grandmother who lived two doors down...very old varieties. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete