Thursday, February 26, 2009

Trip Report: Myriad Gardens in bloom

In December I visited the OKC Myriad Gardens and wrote 2 different posts about my trip, along with a photo album.  Last weekend I went back to the garden and was surprised to see that there were lots of different plants in bloom from 2 months ago.

I have added another photo album of my pictures from this trip.  This time I took more pictures of blooms than the previous trip.  I tried not to take a lot of duplicate pictures from my last trip.  If you would like to see the pictures from the first trip, you can that photo album here.

Here are some of the blooming highlights:

img_9389
Stromanthe sanguinea 'Triostar' in bloom
img_9428
Hoya blooms
img_9413
Heliconia inflorescence
img_9380
Anthurium veitchii (King Anthurium) with inflorescence
img_9458
Anthurium warocqueanum (Queen Anthurium) inflorescence.
The dark leaf with prominent veins (upper center) belongs to Anthurium,
the spotted leaves in the foreground are from a Dieffenbachia.
img_9430
Solandra maxima in bloom
img_9446
Paphilopedilum orchid in bloom
There are a lot more great plants to see, and quite a few more orchids in blooms, so I suggest you look at my photo album.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooms -- thanks for sharing them with those of us who are "blossom starved" right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Nice Blooms and Tropicals...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers and foliage. Such diversity. It must have been a fun trip--both times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of interesting flowers and foliage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like quite a show. Lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great flowers pictures.

    I love flower pictures.

    Especially from spring flowers.

    Spring is just around the corner and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful trip you had there! I am also a plant enthusiast and really love tropical plants that grow in low light and indoor environment. These photos are just amazing. I noticed the Stromanthe sanguinea with red glowers was just amazing. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete