Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Liriope in bloom

I'm not sure what it is about this year, but I'm thinking it's the late summer rain.  Whatever it is, the Liriope (Monkey grass) is loving it.

liriope_blooming
Liriope muscari in my front flowerbed, next to the waterfall.
Liriope is all over town, gracing the shady spots under trees, flowerbed edges and garden problem spots.  And this year it is all covered in purple blooms.  I have never seen it bloom so profusely before.  Even the small starts that we recently planted at my parents-in-laws wedding chapel are blooming - and some of them are just inches tall!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that is a beautiful stand of lariope. The plants that we have are 1 1/2 years old and starting to put out "babies." Hopefully the plants will eventually cover the space alloted to them! Is there any special care we should give them through the year? We love your site!
    --Brian

    ReplyDelete